PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cargo Hiring!!!! (merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 06:15
Anotherpost75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m fresh from another trip to that supremely manicured but unhappy island, Singapore, and my SIA cronies there tell me, between bouts of crying in their beer, that not only don’t they know what’s happening with the latest CA “negotiations” (ie what’s to be forced down their throats by the government) but that things are similarly and mysteriously muted in relation to the hundreds of SAS pilots who were supposed to be joining the ranks of galley slaves (sorry, valued professionals) in the state monolith.

Seems that a few brave souls (or some would say foolhardily negligent in checking SIA “contract” terms before joining) have undergone training but have encountered CAAS licensing problems of some description and have been given the push (part of the great SIA tradition of nurturing esteemed employees, which my friends tell me is covered in the airline’s “core values”, trumpeted to all new joiners).

Maybe Mr Otto Lagerhus, alias Factseeker who, by accounts, seems to have been part of the orchestration of the SAS/SIA pilot deal could provide details?

If he can spare the time, I know that many SIA pilots would also value any information he has regarding benefit adjustments (downwards) that the new CA will contain and which he has obviously discussed with the SAS pilot body before allowing members of that group to sign an SIA “contract”.

Over to you Mr Lagerhus