PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-KFI Mishap
Thread: VH-KFI Mishap
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2004, 00:50
rearwhelsteer888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger alright then

ok......fair enough in respect to the pilot,he probably did do the right thing,but I know the strip and there is a definate decision point on that strip no matter what way your going.

I flew the strip and operation for a while and calculated an airspeed that needed to be achieved,and if you dont get you reject,and you wont run off.He ended up 100m off the end.

So far there has been no talk of engine failure or malfunction,the pilot has simply said that it didnt "feel right".

I would suspect that they were overwieght.I can understand the position the pilot is in totally,These type of operations are almost impossible to conduct completely legally.Why dont they ask for the load sheet..?

This is another great example of the crap that new cpl's are exposed to to get that few hours to move on,and until someone does somthing about it they will cotinue to be screwed by these operators.

I feel sorry for the pilot because now he has this on his record and that follows you for ever,and I bet he had bugger all choice on weather to go.

In closing that is probably one of the worst strips around and there is not much giudence when you get there,It would help if the bloke who ran the whole show took more attention to getting people familiar.

Start bloody paying and you will get attention to detail.

RWS888