PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Irish Budget Airline
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2004, 20:07
bobdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4WiW,
I just have a feeling that EU at MSE is going to be a real success story. I have seen all the negative posts on this and other forums and everyone seems to be unaware of the fantastic local support that EU have. Some neggos seem to think that the only customer base will be from Thanet and the local area. But what EU jet are offering is an alternative to the M25, car parking at only £20 per week compared with £50 at Gatwick, and a really decent destination choice from NE Kent. We booked on day one with EUJet for Murcia at around £35 PP one way. Today the same flight is £57 but even with that price hike, Manston is still a better bet than Gatwick for very many people living in very affluent parts of Kent within well less than one hour driving distance from Manston. The new car park is well on the way and its clear that EUjet will get a lot of support. I can just see the other LOCOS watching with interest what happens at Manston and piling in if all goes well. As a PPL flying from Manston I suspect it will curtail some of the local flying clubs activities, but it has to be a real breath of fresh air for the local economy. 'Just cant help but feeling very positive 'bout the whole thing!

BobD