PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways A320 Pilot Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2004, 06:55
Soft Altitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knackered II, you are getting pd off for no reason, which is probably again my mistake, since I failed to make it clear in my first reply. I agree 100% with the points mentioned by Kaptin, the thing that I deplore is the link made between very poor contracts indeed and whatever national psyche. For your info, I am leaving S-E Asia precisely because some airlines here have no limits in pilot humiliation, and overall efforts to devaluate the pilot’s profession. While this is beneficial to some brown noses and invertebrates, it is irritating for most of the others and bearing in mind that there will always be blokes who will accept such conditions (and believe me fewer and fewer eastern Europeans) and do the same job for less, there is unfortunately really not much the rest of the pilot population can do about it, may be just ignore the “offer”.
Luckily, not all the contracts are that bad in the region and I frankly wonder how can an airline come up with such an offer and expect to get the right people for the job especially with this oncoming pilot shortage, but that’s their problem. In the mean time, please put aside any national intolerance, it has nothing to do here, it has much more to do with one’s values and principles me thinks.