PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSF - industrial implications
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2004, 22:54
althenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not wanting to go to sea does not make the force a can't do outfit.
- it does if you have to execute a conflict autonomously 1000's of miles away from home or the nearest friendly air base. And you don't have the people to man the Squadrons because they've all voted with their feet. And there's a distinct reluctance by others to replace them. What do you do? Order people to join these squadrons? By the time you've trained them to decent standard (Particularly the Techies and Pilots also making them an attractive proposition to civvy companies) their PVR Time is up and there off too. Like I said, i'm only guessing (and reading AFM - don't know if thats very accurate) but I would have to disagree with you about squadron retention within JFH. I still think it's probably higher but i'll go onto the NAO and MoD Website and try to find out.

As for combining into a single service, just ask the Canadians how much they like it.
Agree with you there - but needs must when the devil (Hoon) drives...

We should not lose sight of the fact that the forces are unique in that we do not deal with the ordinary and that things like regimental/squadron/service history are important factors in maintaining motivation and morale in difficult circumstances. Fortunately that does not have a monetary value, else that would probably be sold off as well
Agree with you 100% - but again look at numbers. and Senior civil servants/Politicians dont give a fig for morale Just their own Empires.