PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - skynet out of business?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2004, 13:14
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Cork Airport also more than deserves a break from Shannon and from the loony stopover.

I would also question why so much money has been continually pumped into Shannon over the last number of years tarting up the terminal and the building of even more rarely to be used gates. The situation is ridiculous to say the least whilst Cork is bursting at the seams turning away aircraft for the want of parking space. I am sure Shannon would remain quite profitable if a per centage of the excessive "Workforce" were paid off with even more taxpayers money, of course? All that "Workforce" and they still could not protect just one US Navy 737!

Shannon is now being screwed by it's own catchment area with people from the west using both Galway and Knock to get to destinations in Ireland, England and Scotland which just goes to prove what goes around come around!

Look at the Duo business - that would have been another shameful waste of hello incentives? Shannon or Duo - who was more desperate? I wonder what Skynet have received from Shannon in the incentives area down the last few years and will this too have been another shameful waste? Hope not, I hope Skynet survive and I do really mean that as I have good friends working there.

The British readers here will not have seen the RTE Primetime TV special on Shannon a few weeks ago. Just as well. What embarassing nonsense. Can you imagine the likes of that discussion being conducted on any other national European TV station? Not likely.

If Virgin Express Ireland or, perhaps, Skynet had based in Cork rather than at Shannon I am convinced they would still be going. Shannon is a graveyard for failed Irish airlines.