PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Hansard, 18th May...
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2004, 06:30
Pilgrim101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see the relevance but I am a fully paid up member of AOPA, PFA and BMAA so I can complain to all three I fly a nice little biplane and a 3 axis microlight when I get the chance and always stick to the rules

I become a civilian again next month and intend to fly frequently in the UK but I confess it is becoming more and more difficult to enjoy what with the reams of regulation in our so called crowded airspace and the pressures on lovely little airfields all over the Country from a very few Nimby's with big mouths and an all too receptive authority disposed to nanny interference by its very political nature and so called green credentials. I can't help thinking there's a wee bit of jealousy in there too ?

Just where my complaints get me is another moot point though because without a critical mass of tens or hundreds of thousands of PPL voters there is only limited scope for them to lobby effectively about the ludicrous jobsworth mentality and downright amateurish interference in GA from the faceless ones.

I have seen recent evidence of "what if" scenarios being dreamed up to ground a perfectly safe aeroplane and if the same logic was applied across the board then every light aircraft in the Country should have been grounded on similar anticipated accident "safety" grounds. Lots of bent nosewheels, reprofiled props and shock loaded engines etc etc every year but thankfully very few casualties.

There's lots of sky up there with no speed cameras and very little scope for Big Brother to f k us around provided we are responsible and practice the airmanship we are all so proud of. Maybe that's what pi$$es the "ruling class" off ?