PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew CRM-Assistance Request
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2004, 23:45
PVC Pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile CRM COURSES

Hi there 338C

Having completed a couple of CRM Courses as a participant, I thought the best parts were probably 30% theory and 70% practical applications. The "practical" side allows participants to work together, and the information seems to stay with you for a greater period of time. Another great aspect is that practical exercises tend to open up more lines of communication and team-work, so in fact, one is practising CRM right there and then without really realising it.

Other great tools for CRM were: video footage of actual incidents and accidents (....crashes ), "mock up" footage of actual events in the cabin and flight-deck and a variety of paticipant excercises in the classroom.

I feel the best situation for teaching or honing CRM skills is to not only have the Cabin Crew present but to include the Pilots in the course also. To a lot of Cabin Crew (particularly the newbies ), the information that Pilots can contribute to CRM is invaluable and critical.

Another thought (which I haven't experienced, however, could work) is to even include Customer Service Officers into the CRM Course also...particularly those involved with boarding duties or dispatching aircraft???? Just a thought

Hope you can draw something from this....all the best to you!

Luv "PANTS" x