PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 30th May 2004, 22:07
Jonnypiano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, but again I'm still unsure as there are pros and cons to every suggestion.

For example, in response to the first reply, if I were to do Physics without the Maths - then I wouldn't be able to do engineering in university. But then again, maybe as Scroggs says, I could just study something that I'm more likely to have enthusiasm for, and not do maths A-Level.

Again, though, it's standing out and being attractive to the airlines that's the problem, and I worry that when people tell me to study what I want to study they're actually helping the airline industry by filtering out the potentially incapable ones from the true potential pilots.

Is there something you can study in university that is to do with aviation and aerospace, but isn't engineering? And is more closely related to aviation itself? Or would that just be ATP training?

Oh wait, but I just thought, the first person to reply said that an Engineering degree would look attractive... argh!

Aha! Just seen the post about Britannia. Well, if they required Maths, Physics and Economics, then... well maybe I SHOULD do Maths after all, being an attractive subject and all that, and if Britannia want it, then I'm sure other airlines would appreciate it. Economics... I think my second cousin did that, or was it Ergonomics... and he's a pilot for British Airways. He recommended this site to me. I'll look into that. Then I'll have to see what university degree to do. Economics sounds very 'piloty' as well, from what I've heard. Seems a lot of pilots study this at A-Level.