PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB and the A-300
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2004, 10:11
Captain104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

NoD,
absolutely correct as the safety recommendation refers specifically to AA 903. But-as you may notice-it stirrs up the well known AA 587 discussion and calls for heavy public relation activity by all parties involved. IMHO we should stay reasonable cool and wait for the final NTSB report.

Nevertheless I think Marion Blakey's recommendation will be accepted and even welcomed by the industrie.
Interesting point there:
"Evaluate other transport-category airplanes with rudder
limiting systems..."
We will see.

411A
In this case you hit the nail.

In AB trainer meetings embedded within major European carriers(A B4, A310-200/300, A300-600/R) comments about AA's policy of upset recovery training procedures used to be very nasty and still are. Who is responsible for the crazy assumption that upset training in simulators outside their well defined envelope will enable pilots to react appropriate? Stomping the rudder in heavy jet airliners like a fighter pilot, my goodness. And than train all pilots accordlingly? Sad.

Wino
In my opinion your contributions to the AA 587 thread and now here concerning AA 903 are overshadowed by your personal involvement, your friendship to Sten Molin and your union activity. That's ok for me. No further comment and reply.
BTW: Even on the other side of the pond there are some pilots who know the AC you fly very well and are responsible for the operation of a number of Airbus AC you would not be able to count in a sober state.

Regards

Last edited by Captain104; 30th May 2004 at 13:24.