PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movers - please say a prayer.
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2004, 20:00
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 155 Likes on 111 Posts
Ok, my financial controller is away until tommorow, so with nothing better to do, other than work my way through non PC units of alcohol a few contributions to our Angling Times correspondent's definitive commentary.

1. The rather unfortunate demise of a Jag c/o an F-4 over sunny Wildenrath.

2. The wrinkled u/c doors on a Gnat--attempting to land with the gear still set in the air brake position as I recall--or just a "bit low" on the overshoot ?

3 A certain Tritanic attempting the unauthorised use of the autoland system at a secret airbase in Oxon ?

Anyway, need some clarification here please. Does the comment apply to :

Engineers per se
Engineers ( the troops )
Engineers ( Leaders of men and erstwhile superior )

With regard to the latter, I recall a certain Lightning at Gut landing overweight with a spurious fire warning. Left leg sheared on landing but otherwise no problems. A very experienced SNCO on the Sqdn, with "crash n bash" experience takes over the recovery and all proceeds well. Enter the Leader. Arrives and decided he, obviously !--knows best. Repositions trac-jacks , air bags etc and then orders "All ahead full" so to speak. Hate to get academic on this thread, but does the term "parallelogram of forces" ring any distant bells ?. If so, then the impact of the left aileron will come as no surprise----the damage to which added another 5 months to the repair. What a star !
Nothing like being human however, and therefore fallible. which we all are and sure makes for good reading at times. And absolutely nothing to do with the original post of course