PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2004, 12:07
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIRBUST

Regional prgression has always been based on permanent external recruitment. However, recently Qantas took regionals into the Perth short haul base when there was no permanent recruitment therefore maybe the precedent has been set. No one is aware of any permanent positions being offered to external applicants off the short list but regional progression has been confirmed maybe this is the way of the future if you want a permanent position with Qantas short haul.

Mr Seatback 2

I highly doubt Jetstar crew will get a QLD base being Brisbane. QF Skywalker maybe able to confirm this but the Sunstate girls and boys have never been offered Brisbane it has always been Melbourne until recently where Perth was offered for the first time. But you never know. But the last time I looked at the transfer list there is a lot of current crew based in Sydney and Melbourne that are trying to get a Brisbane base so they have to slot in after these people after they complete ground school. I dont know how long the Sunstate crew have had to wait in the past before getting back to Brisbane.