PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC separate VFR traffic!
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2004, 18:47
Crash and Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
United we stand, divided we crash and burn!

There appears to be a division between the ANO, MATS part 1 and certain opinions posted on this thread. If I knew how to, I would like to start two polls, one for pilots who think VFR implies separation is given by controllers and another poll for controllers for the same reason.

The original post was intended to clarify ‘common practice’ regarding one particulars controller’s insistence to separate VFR traffic from IFR traffic. Since then, I have found a wonderful reference to ‘withholding a clearance’, where controllers cannot withhold a clearance because they just feel like it, instead they can delay it on safety grounds. If particular controllers are interpreting the ANO and MATS part 1, as in the case I was describing where no traffic existed, yet they felt they couldn’t cope, then their manager should address this issue. However, if the aerodrome authority wishes to impose a restriction or there is a particular safety reason, then please say, it is a great teaching tool to explain to students how ‘things’ works.

In my numerous years of flying in and through various countries I have found ATC to be extremely professional but in every profession, ‘there’s always one’. No doubt you chaps and chapesses can recall when pilots have over stepped the mark, if so please add them onto this thread. You have ‘Send clowns’ and I to comment, at least he seems to appreciate exactly what I was getting at right from the start, well done!

V1 rotate!