PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you proud to be cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2004, 11:07
Rabid Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
love your work

I spent 6+ years as an FA for Ansett, and resigned to do what I think is the best job in the world, working as a Doctor. EVERY night since resigning 12 years ago I dream of flying, sometimes as a punter but usually as a working member of a crew. Funny thing though is that I don't consciously miss the job per se, but the travel, other crew, the overnights, the parties etc. I know that if I had not been able to enter medical school that I would still be flying (well maybe not, since AN went bust!). Having AN go bust was sad to me, as even though I had left the industry, I still felt a deep attachment to the staff, the company and the industry.
My advice for the moaners and whingers - you don't know how good you've got it - if you don't like it, do your colleagues a favour and go and do something else. Sadly this almost never happens as the lifestyle and rewards are SOOOO much better than anything available in the civilian (ie Real) world.
So yes, be proud of the job you do - it may not last forever - and enjoy it while you can.