PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstars First Day- Any Feedback???
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2004, 00:02
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for your rapid response, ditzyboy.
So are you saying that the CSAs at QF can assess pax suitability for exit row seats better than cabin crew onboard?
It's not only QF CSA's - I really do wonder sometimes if some CSA's have given any consideration to some of the pax one sometimes sees seated at the Emergency row exits!

Unfortunately for the airlines, most tardy pax are aware that if they have checked-in baggage, the airline must either delay the flight and offload the bag(s) or page the passenger (and delay departure).

The best solution in maintaining an on-time departure, was a system I experienced in Istanbul several years ago.
After passing through the boarding gate, pax then walked past and identified their check-in baggage, which was immediately removed and loaded onto the aircraft.
Not only did this mean that any pax with check-in, who hadn't shown by boarding time was left behind along with his bags, but from the security aspect any non-accounted for bags were also isolated.

Edit: You have just raised an issue that I have been meaning to air for some time, lame, but keep forgetting. I have noticed, when flying on QANTAS, after the seat belt sign is switched off the F/A will make an announcement along the lines of, "The captain has turned off the seat belt sign, however it is a requirement that while you are seated you have the seat belt fastened"
Really? A requirement of whom?
The onboard Storm Troopers, perhaps.