PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour building (USA)
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2004, 16:52
Winkiepinkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish FAA/CAA checkout rides (hr building), visas and stuff

Sorry if this has been asked before, but:

1) Does the checkout ride for hour building (coming from the UK) constitute instruction and hence necessitate a student visa?

2) Has anyone managed to get a letter from the US consulate (or eqv) stating that a visa is not necessary for hour building. I’ve heard that it can be done, but you have to show them (provide them with the info) that a visa is not actually needed. This would greatly help at passport control with an unhelpful immigration official.

3) How long is the validity of the FAA check on my JAA PPL, i.e. can I fly say a year after the check has been done or is there a validity issue associated with it.

4) Can I have the FAA issued licence sent to my school after it has been cross referenced? (in Florida, or do I have to physically turn up to a FSDO – if so how many are plenty littered around a State, i.e. do I have to chose a school that is close to a FSDO or is there sure to be one near a major town?).

Yes, I know, I’ve searched all of the posts on the subject and the majority of my questions have been answered, but these ones have managed to escape me. I know FFF and Charlie Zulu have written some excellent stuff, could they throw any light on the matter?

Thanks a bunch in advance, W.