PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2004, 13:30
Airtoday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I started this thread I was offering pilots work; which seemed to me not too unworthy a thing to do.
From the initial responses received you would have thought that I was offering to buy your sisters.
Not every job going is the best paid, such is the nature of things.
Over the years many pilots have come here from less well paid positions; improved themselves, and gained experience. Many then left for better pay somewhere else. It's the way of the world.
To be met by howls of derision from such as Mickey Mouse with his "hahaha" who then comes back to try and take the moral high ground is ludicrous.
Another of those replying (no names) has just left here very recently. I know for a fact that he left a better, and more professional pilot than when he arrived. He has gone on to a more well paid job and none of his colleagues gave him a hard time for leaving. Quite the reverse, in fact, everyone was wishing him and his family the best of futures.
Many companies, including those in this part of the world, have gained benefit from the professionalism of our ex employees.
We prefer that our pilots stay as long as possible, and many do, as we give good living conditions and an excellent working environment. Also Dubai gives pilots' wives the chance to work if they are inclined to do so and this is a bonus to many.
My apologies if anyone was offended when I bit back a little at some of those with a very negative input. It should be me who took offence at the frontal assault received from entering an honest job ad.
No offence taken. What I want to do though, is thank all of you who replied to me applying for the job. I wish we had enough positions available to give you all the work which has been so scorned upon by some of those who replied above in their well paid ivory towers.
The response has been magnificent. I have had the chance to reply to about thirty so far and I will send a reply to the rest of you in the next few days when I get time to do so.
Unfortunately for those with lower time, or not rated on the Bell 212, I have been given a lot of choice. Surprisingly we seem to have far more experienced and qualified people looking to come here than those who we are looking to replace.
I must also say that any views given in this thread, other than those directly relating to the jobs offered, are my own only.

All the best
Airy Toad