Thread: Help with USA
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2004, 08:14
Farrell
The Cooler King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with USA

Hello Folks

I've been bouncing in and out of the forum for a few months and have learned a lot - thanks in advance for that!

I'm in a bit of a bind as my girlfriend is American, we've been going out for about six months and it is going very well.

I have been doing as much groundschool work as I can on my own, but now I have to start training for real. We both live in France at the moment, but now that my girlfriend is finished her college module here, she has to go back to Wisconsin - and we'd like to keep our relationship going, which would mean my moving to the US.

I have managed to get all the training information and conversion requirements from Adam Penner at Harvsair in Canada (Thanks for answering all my questions - even the dumb ones!)

......but I need advice on how to organise a working visa for the USA. The embassy seems to be uncontactable here in France and their website is worse than the CAA's for long-winded explanations.

I am thirty years old, have a European passport (Irish) and no criminal record.
My only option seems to be a K-3 fiancee visa, but if I get that, I have to marry within 90 days! That'd be a bit crazy, I think.

Sorry about the big post, but if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thank you

Wayne