PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the 730 report Tonight (Wed)
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2004, 00:06
QSK?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Garbage from Dick

I'm so angry and frustrated with this whole process so, Pruners, please excuse my ramblings but this is the only place I can vent my feelings.

Against a range of solid opinion from a range of qualified aviation professionals, all we get from Dick is his usual smooth media-savvy presentation and mouthfuls of unsubstantiated garbage.

AS ALWAYS DICK - YOU CONTINUE TO GET IT WRONG. YOU DON'T HAVE WIDESPREAD SUPPORT FROM THE PROFESSIONAL AVIATION INDUSTRY WHICH IS WHY TRUE AIRSPACE REFORM WILL NEVER OCCUR (OR BE ACCEPTED) WHILE YOU REMAIN INVOLVED. FOR THE SAKE OF THE NATION, DICK, STAY OUT OF THE AIRSPACE DEBATED AND THEN MAYBE SOMETHING POSITIVE MAY OCCUR FOR ALL OF US. (Sorry for shouting!).

Why can't the Government (DOTARS/CASA) see him for what he really is and accept the fact that airspace reform will not proceed satisfactorily while he remains involved? The fact is the industry no longer has confidence in DS so, even if he was right on an issue (can't see that happening), the chances are the industry would still ignore him. HE HAS TO GO IF AIRSPACE REFORM IS TO PROCEED! Maybe this should be our collective motto on our signature blocks!

I thought there was one positive though and that related to the (previously undisclosed) internal comments re DS's resistance to the safety case. Pressure must surely come on DOTARS, CASA and ASA to investigate this aspect further and remedy any shortfalls in process.

QSK?

SACK DICK SMITH TO ADVANCE AIRSPACE REFORM!