PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jail term for man drunk on flight
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2004, 18:42
Self Loading Freight
None but a blockhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best I've ever done was on my first trip to Vegas to cover a computer show, in the company of three other journalists. One was an old hand at this particular jaunt, and dispensed valuable advice about surviving without involuntary sobriety (for example: Vegas hotels never have mini-bars and don't do booze via room service, because they want you out on the floor all the time. Always stock up with a litre of scotch on the way out).

As soon as the first meal was cleared away, he asked the Dispenser of All Good Things for a large brandy apiece for the four of us (all sitting together). She was pleased to comply. She seemed slightly less pleased when we repeated the order around ten minutes later, and twenty minutes after that she was showing signs of concern.

"We're journalists." said my friend, pulling open the seatback pocket in front of him. She understood immediately, and placed several handfuls of miniatures next to the in-flight rag. Everyone happy...

These days, though, I seem to be happy with a bloody mary after t/o, the wine with the meal and a small scotch afterwards. Either I'm getting saner, or more circumspect...

R