PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS on the 730 report Tonight (Wed)
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2004, 14:58
WALLEY2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7:30 Report

I think I need to make a few points re my 7:30 interview.

Firstly the segment was a cutdown from a 40min interview. My comment on Mr Dick Smith threatening me was in relation to how it perverted the CASA and AA system.

I once was an engineer in the public service. To have a mate of the P.M. phone me up and threaten me would have been very disturbing. Even in my early airport consulting years I would have been troubled on the effect such a prominant person could have on my business.

I also stated on the interview that I met with CASA and AA staff in homes and hotels and always off the record as they were scared to be on the record and in the open.

We are talking about an aviation safety why threaten anyone unless you are demented enough to leave the issue and play the man when dealing with safety.

Hadagutfull, this is what you do not realise the 2c NAS changes would not be even considered if Dick was not pushing for them, and he will and does play the man, this has been going on for years. READ our letter to CASA on the below web site.

Unfortunately I do not have a boss or a career and our corporate group within which the Airport is only one part (the Boards and our CEOs favourite part) pays its taxes and acts within and according to the corporate lagal fremework.(threats don't wash with us, try scientific evaluation and Data, those push our buttons)

Infact we like a common saying, which Dick could learn "In God we trust all others must have data!!"

INFORMATION The Design Aeronautical Analysis is on the BIA(Broome a/p) web site www.broomeair.com.au clic on the NAS button.

We took a digital video of the 7:30 report and will also post it there, already we have posted some of the relevant letters.

Finally to Pprune moderators and contributers, this forum has been invaluable in advising us of documents, incidents and arguments from both sides.

Thank you for your concerns in trying to get the system right and some of your complements about our efforts.

Regards Mike Caplehorn Chairman BIA Group

Last edited by WALLEY2; 26th May 2004 at 15:20.