PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cenralised Load Control (CLC) at Servisair Regional Stations
Old 26th May 2004, 09:14
Approach_plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok the BY460A was the first one to use this system yesterday and I had the honours of dispatching it. The flight was supposed to be used as a training flight to show how the system is going to work. One of my major concerns was that with all the time spent sending the "masks" the dispatcher loses control of the turnaround.

The trainer showing me how to use the masks had to return landside (no outside lines at the gate) so he could call Manchester to find out why the system wasnt working.

Anyhow when he returned he proceeded to show me how to send data, but during this I had to liase with cabin crew, flight deck, co-ordinate and supervise the loading etc etc so I missed most of the masks being sent.

The aircraft departed on time (just) even though the pax and containers we all onboard by -20. Nothing to do with the chap in Manchester who created the loadsheet (he proberbly had a tough time aswell), but the system as a whole prevented a nice early departure. Teething problems some may say but we will soon find out. This system could prove to be Servisair's down fall.

Another query is how will this system work with remotly parked aircraft??? Some stands are fair drive away from a computer terminal and whilst im at a computer who's to know whats happening at the aircraft. 130.6 will be a very hot channel me thinks.

So from the way things went, it looks like we will need two dispatchers per aircraft (one to supervise the turnaround and one to send these masks) or someone in an office who is dedicated to sending the masks (possible the Load Controlers they have made redundant), Dispatchers can no longer meet and greet pax and push wheelchairs (like they are expected to do at the moment) so more pax agents are going to have to be on shift or employed for this. So at the end of the day where are the savings being made???

This system should have been brought in during the winter when there are hardly any flights, not during the busy summer season when we are all rushed off our feet.