PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training for the Aged (38)
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2004, 23:05
flapsnslats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jd 10 k
This is not meant to influence in any way.
But I do know of a chap who started flying at 34 and was a first officer by the time he was 37 with a passeneger airline flying airbus.He would now be about 44.The one advantage he had was that he had know shortage of money as his previous career left him financially very sound.If you have know previous experience.Then it is no harm to gain a ppl licence.When I started toying with the idea of flying training none of the commercial pilots I know, who are experienced pilots corporate and airline and cargo could not advocate to me taking on a full commercial course intergrated or modular.They said get your ppl first then figure out what to do after.I can only advise on the modular route but if you take it one step at a time your better off in my opinion aviation training is not necesserily full of itegrity as toy are dealing with people and huge egos who want money at the end of the day and no offence to any instructors out there but every barrel has a few bad apples and as long a the majority of the money is in your pocket you know your doing well.If you cough up money to fast, when the arguments start an no doubt every student has his day then you have no leverage If you have payed up. I have a file I built up over time of brochures when I was shopping around and their is a lot of honest john car sales around the training industry.None of the flying schools I have dealt with have been totally upfront.
Download Jar fcl from the official jaa website.