PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flyjet(merged)
Thread: flyjet(merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2004, 20:03
Doors to Manual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it has gotten to the point where FJE is going to be in the papers soon then it is a sad state of affairs for everyone. I really did not want things to get to that but if it has, then leaving soon is going to be the best option as bad press will just bring forward what appears to be increasingly inevitable, ie the end of FJE.

SAM 2M you're view of aviation is so pro-FJE then I can only assume you are SD, MH or one of the other management. If you are, then please can I ask you to start listening to your staff. If I have your attention then now would seem like a good time to start.

It is now the second year of operation. I wasn't there at the very beginning but the horror stories I'm told from those who were there at that time are no different to the ones we get now. WE ARE NO LONGER A START-UP and that excuse just won't wash any longer either with our passengers or the staff.

From what I can see we are doing less flying this year (our second year) than we did last year and tour operators are deserting us for other airlines because the operation is a shambles. One walked away two weeks ago leading to another one of our precious few flights being cancelled. Our biggest customer from last year walked off to Excel.

Why might this be?

The aircraft are in a disgraceful state. Interiors wrecked, ceiling panels falling down, tray tables and seatbacks that won't stay up and complaints on every flight. I'm not surprised that pax ask how much we (don't) spend on maintaining our aircraft - and you expect them to fly with us again??

Catering is a total mess and it is rare that our pax ever get what they are suppose to. Roast pork meals on an Eilat flight were the best yet.

The attitude from crewing is just unbelievable and though I wouldn't have gone as far as to be the first to post the details of what someone else has said, seeing as how they've posted it already then I'll talk about it. Who the hell lets f/os "act" as cabin crew on a 757.

Sam 2M, I have worked for other airlines before this. I came to FJE for many of the reasons you mention. I will leave FJE for many of the reasons the others mention. The company has no hope for as long as I would be sacked for saying any of this to your face. Because of this you force people into airing the companies dirty linen in public as it's the only way to talk about these things and hopefully get a message through to the people who are supposed to be running the show.

No-one has talked about the leasing company taking the 757s back this winter and what happens to the company and its staff then. Have you more words of comfort on why we should hang on in there, or are you just hoping that enough people will stick with the company to keep the operation afloat for the rest of the summer so that we can all be laid off in November? If the leasing company is taking the aircraft back then we can hardly expect to get other 757s from them in future. If this was the same leasing company that was going to offer us the 767 that was talked about earlier this year, then I presume that's dead in the water as well.

Enough. Time to update my CV.