PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When do TUI'S 735's Arrive At Coventry?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2004, 18:50
Adam Leach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coventry Airport Wins Courtcase

Good news for all fans ! from www.thomsonfly.com I think i'll go book my flights now

Fight is won for Flights to the sun!

Coventry Airport announced today that it has won its High Court case against Warwick District Council. Mrs Justice Gloster gave her judgment following a two day High Court hearing and ordered that the injunction proceedings brought by Warwick District Council regarding the Airport's use of its Interim Passenger Facilities be struck out.

Mrs Justice Gloster ruled that there would be no reasonable prospect of a court granting an injunction and further ruled that the action taken by Warwick District Council amounted to an abuse of legal proceedings.

Speaking after the High Court Judgment, Coventry Airport's Managing Director, Bill Savage said, "We are delighted that the High Court has thrown out Mr Archer's claims. We have stated all along that we wish to work with the Local Planning Authority, but Mr Archer has sought to take action that frustrated every attempt we tried to make. His action has undoubtedly cost the tax payers of Warwick District Council hundreds of thousands of pounds and I feel sorry for those tax payers that will inevitably face higher bills."

”Throughout this legal case Coventry Airport has assured us that the Interim Passenger facility was within planning regulations,” said Alex Hunter, Chief Commercial Officer, Thomsonfly.com “ The ruling this morning has vindicated the airport and we’re delighted that this now gives us a clear and long term future from Coventry Airport. Today’s news will give our present and future customers the confidence to book with us and take advantage of our low fare flights from their local airport.”

To celebrate the news Thomsonfly.com is offering 20,000 half price seats to people who book flights to any of the 11 destinations before 2nd June. With one way prices to Marseille from as little as £15.50 and Malaga from just £33.50 including taxes and charges.

There has never been a better time to get away from your local airport at Coventry. This summer Thomsonfly.com will be flying to Jersey, Marseille, Nice, Palma, Valencia, Malaga, Naples, Rome, Venice, Pisa and from 11th June Ibiza and will shortly be announcing its winter schedule which will feature some exciting new destinations.

With low fare flights making a short break or a longer holiday both practical and affordable, Thomsonfly.com is carrying over 10,000 people through Coventry Airport over the coming Bank Holiday weekend, testimony to how popular the new services have already become with local people. Already more than 50,000 have travelled with the airline.

Book now to take advantage of a half price seat or, at these prices, take the whole family!

To book go to www.thomsonfly.com or call our friendly sales team on 0870 1900 737.

Adam

Last edited by Hawk; 19th Jun 2004 at 17:54.