PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First light, more of the same?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2004, 00:17
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
First light, more of the same?

Like most people that read this forum, I thoroughly enjoyed reading Geof. Wellam's ‘First Light'. Shortly after, I picked up a copy of ‘Head in the Clouds by Goronwy Edwards. Airlife publishing Ltd. 1996 ISBN 1 85310 590 2

Same era and some of the same - breath taking - exploits, but with a major difference...this guy seems to have put a vast amount of energy into horseplay: I just cannot understand how he didn't get shot at dawn...by his boss. If you love aviation and have a mischievous sense of humor, then this is a must read.

I'm sorry to say that I have not heard of him before, as he has published ‘Norwegian Patrol' in 1985 (same publisher).

It has to be said that I paid a quid at my local library for this now withdrawn book, and I don't know the usual time on shelf of such an item. I would be interested to know if this did reach the attention of aviation enthusiasts and I just happened to miss it, cos if ever the was a little book to be up on the shelf beside Fate is the Hunter and of course First light, then this is it.