PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Role Playing situations or scenarios from your experience?
Old 24th May 2004, 19:07
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it safer at a critical time in flight ie DA of an ILS to 'let them go' than have a situation of conflict and confusion at such a time.
Again, not sure if it's the written word and the difficulty associated with getting the implied meaning, but I read the above comment as avoiding conflict and 'letting him go', which is certainly NOT an option. In the scenario I mentioned there was no 'letting him go', and the conflict is already there; he's bust DA, without visual reference. You can't just 'let that go', you have to deal with it. The point I was making was that you have to challenge him again, with a bit of urgency and in a fairly forceful manner at that point as time is so short. If he continues on his (inappropriate) course of action then you MUST do something about it. My point was that 'that' something may be to let him continue (in the example I gave, you had become visual, perhaps passing 100'AGL) as that may be the safer course of action, on another occassion it may be taking control. It's a judgement call that experience and confidence will help you to make. Sometimes you can't avoid the conflict............

PP