PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the Persian/Arabian Gulf
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2004, 12:28
Yarba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Wow, $50,000 a year tax free!! All salaries in the Middle East for expats are tax free. With ADA at the moment you can earn just under $80,000 a year on 8/4 and during your 2 days a week off it's quite easy to visit Dubai, where you'll have a lot more money to spend.

Last time I thought about Aerogulf, I'd also have spent a lot of my money on school fees as the allowance is not so generous if you want to send your child to a good school. The house was also not fully equipped and I would have had to pay to ship a lot of personal possessions out.

Leave of only once a year is less than generous. even with ADA there are occasionally accompanied positions available for those already here on bachelor status.

My advice. Stay away until such time as Aerogulf decides to get intoi the real world with salaries so you can actually enjoy the life which is available in Dubai. It is indeed a great city, the job with Aerogulf is undemanding, but unless you have a second income (such as a military pension - which is what they rely on), forget it. They need to be forced to think about paying a decent rate.