PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning About Gulf Air
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2004, 06:55
airwaya457

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s a shame that GF are going down this path, after all there are quite a number of us who would rather not change jobs again! Why not concentrate on improving things, (Eg: many policies are archaic and need revising, roster, etc), then maybe nobody would want to leave, gee, what an original concept!

I joined approximately 2 years ago and was one of the selected, who was forced to move to Abu Dhabi, I must add at great expense to myself. I gave up one-month salary last year for the move, not to mention the stress on my wife and children, so I think I and many in Abu Dhabi have contributed a whole lot more to JH recovery plan than many in Bahrain, many of who I believe were gloating at our “misfortune”! As it turns out, I much prefer living in the UAE and would certainly have to think long and hard before moving back. Once again it seems that the Abu Dhabi expatriate boys have received the short end of the stick!

As 666 pointed out, if you join the Abu Dhabi base, worse case, be prepared to be get moved. If you move here with your family, you might want to be cautious, unless your children like moving schools.

Last edited by airwaya457; 4th Jun 2004 at 04:42.