PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you proud to be cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2004, 12:28
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you guys ever see Catch Me If You Can?

The part where Leonardo DiCaprio is walking through the terminal with his "girls" and everyone turns and looks? That still happens when I walk through the airport terminals and I love it. I am so proud of what I have achieved in a short time (flying for only 15 months before being promoted to Purser) and after almost 3 years of flying I am fiercly proud of my job and my company. Sure, like most (all) f/a's I take the piss out of what we do (cart tart, trolley dolley, flying mattress, hostitute etc) but thats part and parcel of it and I love it. For all the insane pax and medical emergencies (I get LOTS of them) and delays and cxxld flights and early starts I would not give it up for the world.

The job we do is surprisingly versatile and robust - we are nurses, doctors, waiters/waitresses, crowd controllers, mediators, arbitrators, police officers, bar staff, parents, nannies, and god knows what else. Personally folks I have found the niche that I will be in for the rest of my life, and I am so lucky that I can say that I get paid to enjoy myself. Sure like all of us there are days (usually 4 sector 9.5 hour days) where I am totally over it, but that lasts only until I get a decent feed and a shower and I am fine. Every day I hope that my crew enjoy their job as much as I do, and I do what I can to ensure its like that for them

Cabin Crew - we rock! We go off like a dog on wet lino!

Cheers folks