PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Ops - Is there a better way??
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2004, 23:39
robsrich

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
HAA Conference Great Success

A big thanks to the 100 plus delegates and observers who attended the 2004 HAA Industry Conference at Sea World Nara Resort on the Gold Coast, Queensland Australia, from 17-21 May '04.

Besides the programmed events, some hardware was on display. The GeoSim Simulator, a NVG cockpit lighting display simulator, NVG ANVIS 9 and a Leo III FLIR were available.

First night NAS (Airspace) people tossed out some snacks and heavy drinks to get us talking about the new aerodrome procedures. These are the outside controlled airspace stuff. They got some really good feedback from the heli-drivers.

Matt Attwood from the USA stole the show with his presentation on NVIS ops and training and writing workable rules. About a dozen US EMS operators are using NVG and about another 30 are waiting paperwork or devices. So the new NVIS stuff is getting closer.

The post conference reports will be available in about a week and the offer still stands if you want to get a free copy. I have already received about fifty requests from my previous posting. Need a copy? Let us know on email: [email protected]

I missed the delegates Wednesday recon mission along the line nearby of bars. Some of those stories being told took a long time because some didn’t get to bed until 3:00AM. Well done.

But there were still smiles next day (and red eyes).

I will put some summarized session reports on this thread as the sub-committee guys get their notes finalised.

To those who presented and ran the workshops we owe you a great deal.

Thanks again,

Rob Rich
President
HAA
www.haa.net.au
[email protected]

For a copy of conference notes, etc.

Email above should read :

[email protected]

Ooops

Rob