PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC separate VFR traffic!
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2004, 06:59
WestWind1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

hmmm.. I just discovered this thread and I'm quite surprised at some of the reactions... may I give my "unprofessional" pilots opion?

Shouldn't the reactions in such a forum be: "There are no dumb questions, just dumb answers"?

I think many VFR "beginner" pilots don't realise that there is no separation, only information, given in Class D. So they fly in having the wrong expectations. This could be from poor training, with little class D experience. or in areas with little class D around. On the other hand, I would definitely appreciate an ATC "informing" me about traffic coming up from above, behind, or whereever I wouldn't necessarily be able to see it! And even perhaps give me or the "big Boy" vectors to avoid ! I would assume that you guys have the "big picture" which I, as a "simple" VFR pilot, can't possibly have.

It was mentioned before, that there seem to be a lot more "infringements" of class D (or other) airspace. I think, if put in "private flying" in an informing way, this information could possibly make some pilots think about what they are doing. Too many pilots don't realise what they or many of their buddies do that could lead to serious consequences for all (increased class C areas, more class D instead of F, etc.).

I hate this bashing of posters... no matter what the reason. Some people can't express what they mean in written form well and thus misunderstandings happen.
We are supposed to work together (I thought) and help EACH OTHER.... or have I misunderstood something?

Ok... let the bashing start...

Westy

P.S. it's like asking for a clearance at an uncontrolled airfield... hear it quite often!