PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services...south Africa
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2004, 06:24
CFI-CFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob

The reason for posting our Terms and Conditions was to show that Sandy Young was not guaranteed a licence, however we did undertake to do our best to get him done within three to four weeks. Even Sandy Young, a below average student, having been with us and knowing that he needed longer than the norm, was confident that he could achieve 17 hours “in around 10 working days i.e. Monday to Friday or at worst 14 days”… his words, not mine. We try and average two hours a day, and the students are at the school from 8am to 5pm everyday except Saturday afternoons and Sundays, if we have had a poor week, we work on Sundays to.

The problems with the South African Medical and the other issues you have mentioned regarding the licence we offer, I will take up with Naunton Pugh. He is at the leading edge of British flight training and has a sound knowledge of what is required and what not. No one, not one student has come back to me with any of the problems you mention. I realize that this doesn’t necessarily mean they are not there, however I have students flying in the UK with nothing more than a check ride after completing with us.

I will take a look at our web site, consider your suggestions, and if I feel that our clients would be better served by including any of the information you mention, it will be adjusted.

Gerald Todd