PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2004, 02:21
ozskipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonboy

With respect - I think we're possibly old enough to make our own minds up as to how we see our careers moving (or not moving) forward.

Your views on Qantas are valid and completely understandably however many of us have invested an incredible amount of time and effort in our application to Qantas and its not a case of moving on. I think it would be fair to say that may of the applicants here have a particular desire to work for Qantas and simply moving isn't really an option. If I were just looking for a airline job I would have applied to many different potential employers, however I particularly want to work for Qantas. I like the product, the potential future career advancement and I even like the aircraft in service. Now thats not taking away from the other carriers and the excellent job their employee's do - it's just not what I'm looking for.

I've spent a considerable amount of time considering my position (read soul searching!) and whether it would be a worthwhile exercise to take up a 10 month contract, if its offered at all. Sure, 10 months isn't what I was ultimately looking for, however its an opportunity to experience what I've been looking for and if it only turns out to be 10 months - well thats better than not experiencing it at all.

I think the important thing to keep in mind here is that Qantas is considered to be an employer of choice and its a business. They owe us nothing ultimately until we're actually employee's.

I hope this provides some insight as to my motives and perhaps the motives of some of the other prooners.