PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2004, 02:11
34R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STRIKE-BREAKERS eh!! If that is the rumour among shorthaulers does that confirm their intention to strike? Or do they think the company expects industrial action and are just covering their bases?
I am a little confused, and I must say if there is industrial action I fail to see the point of it given;

1. How easily you are going to replaced in the short term,

2. The state of the industry right now. You would want to be very secure in your position if you are thinking about striking.

What a deplorable state of affairs. QF are just showing their contempt for people who are investing their own time, money and effort in actually wanting to be a part of this group.

I have to concur with JonBoy80. I would be extremely surprised if anything permanent is ever offered straight off the bat. If you aren't prepared to take a contracted term i think your long term prospects are futher reduced. Why would QF invest time and money hiring one group, who did what the company asked of them, yet 10 months down the track brush them aside and hire a fresh load of recruits for a permanent spot, all of whom may have rejected a prior offer? Sound ludicrous? Probably because it is. Whilst it wouldnt surprise me to see some of those who take this deal end up on the F/A scrap heap in 10 months time, unfortunately I really think your only shot at a full time and permanent job with QF is to have whatever contract you may be on extended. If that sits well with you, good on you for trying and I wish you luck. If it doesnt you better start applying to someone else. I dont think AN hired any F/A's full time in their last few years (non casuals) and that was pre 9/11, pre war and pre sars.

Being positive is commendable, being realistic can be a little harder.