PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mail On Sunday Apache story
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2004, 21:20
Bullet Tooth Tony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West Coast

I fear that you and yours are missing the point somewhat.

We are now fighting against a terrorist force in Iraq. "No 5hit" you may say. But what this means is that as democratic, fair and humane societies we must be seen to be fighting it in a fair, democratic and humane way.

Terrorists don't play fairly! Get used to "innocent children" and "civilians" being used as they may have been in this latest wedding party situation. This is the way that the terrorist operates. I'm no expert, but it took us 30 painful years to learn that you can't beat these people with conventional military might. (Just look at Israel). It must not take you guys 30 years to learn the same lesson.

Hearts and minds along with an extensive inteligence (especially HumInt) network is the ONLY way to do this.

I don't wish to join in the American bashing that we have seen previously on this thread and so please see this post for what it is. It IS a critisism of American methods, but it is also a critisism of the way that our government has failed to pass on the lessons that we have learnt the hard way.