PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Absurd
Thread: Absurd
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2004, 13:44
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Henry old chap,

It appears that you have come to a certain crossroads of your aviation career - don't be disheartened old boy for we have the careers advice for all eventualities here. I am sure that all some lesser mortals responding to a simple demand for priority treatment are in fact masquerading as struggling working class while pursuing similar tactics themselves. We all know correctly applied pressure in a certain handshake achieves results, equally as well as pursuing the young female offspring of such industry movers and shakers

I have here in front of me a motivational letter from one Sqn Ldr Flashheart to an unknown recipient. It begins "Darling; don't despair; times are hard at the moment and although it won't calm you to learn of the big push which I have planned, I assure you that it will be excitable for you once I remove my flying suit...."...apologies, but that is not the letter I had in mind....

Have you considered the Royal Air Force? Certainly in my experience they could do with boys like us - I have heard the phrase "attitude of a single-seat jockey" bandied around a bit at the flying club when I reminise to fellow members my days on the University Air Squadron - that preserve of fine manners and refined personalities at the top of the food chain. I like that desciption of myself.

At Harrow, they always taught me that in having to walk across the room with a freshly-toasted hot cross bun between my pale cheeks, I would be absolved from having to gain experience in any field before becoming the best of the best. Now I hear that these 'modular schools' not only teach the hot cross bun trick but encourage towel-whipping as well. I say enforce the class structure, as Britain is going down the pan as a result.

God forbid when they get a chip on their shoulder about having had to do time in one of those frightful turboprops, or we will be stuffed. Someone once told me that this had already happened. I say divide and rule and at least while there are squat all jobs, and I'll keep making my cash at Deloitte - come join me!

Cheerio now!