PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £££££ @ bmibaby?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2004, 11:05
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLEANING

Just some facts.

Sopme companies require you to clean the aircraft in special circumstances and they give you an allowance for it.

At Air2000/FCA when we fly to destinations where cleaners are not available or in places like ACE (where cleaners are always on strike),IF WE decide to clean the aircraft ourselves, we get £5 (of which 1.25 taxable).
Now, after finding a USED CONDOM in one of the seatpockets on a flight to HER, I've decided that the money isn't worth it at all. So I do what I MUST do wearing protective gloves and if they ask me if I want to clean the aircraft for a fiver (taxable) I say NO!NO!NO! (and sometimes I'm a bit more rude than that.)
Eh, what a glamourous job!

Many airlines decide to make turnarounds faster by not having cleaners on board at all and have the crew tidying the aircraft instead, and give them a bonus for that.
Now, not the case with Ryanair since they don't even check seatpockets most of the time (try to put your hand in one of them before checking what's inside...and then tell me what surprise you've found!!)

As for Mytravellite, you're lucky, as we at FCA do seatpockets anyway and don't get a penny! They consider it part of the "security checks" since you have to look into each of them anyway.

I don't know anything about Bmibaby, but I just wanted to give some facts-people who've only worked for schedule airlines (like BA) don't really have a clue of what we have to deal with!
So...yes, she should get cleaning allowances as it happens in many airlines!! And it has nothing to do with working her way up: it's something she is entitled to!!!

Good luck to her!!

FBW

Last edited by flybywire; 22nd May 2004 at 18:28.