PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly Jet Green closed
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2004, 09:13
SNNEI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Site is back up and running, but it's impossible to book. Apparently, Dublin to Moscow has been suspended indefinitely. One of Skynets planes is with Shannon Aerospace at present.

If they are still running, I have this to say:

I wish them the very best of luck: their staff are wonderful, BUT:

Get your act together with marketing your service; Why does everyone from this area still fly with Ryanair to Charleroi when wanting to go to Amsterdam? Because they dont know about you and think you offer high fares.

Market this in Holland: there is a huge Irish expat community in Holland who know nothing about you (Trust me, I was one of them) There is also a huge demand among the Dutch for flights to Ireland; they are not going to come looking for you, so start exploiting that demand.

Get yourselves into the res systems: any airline that flies into Schiphol needs the connection possibilities that it offers, unless it flies from larger cities (i.e Easyjet, Jet2 etc)

Stop routing flights via DUB whenever it suits you: your regulars need a reliable operation, and one where the timetable isnt constantly changing.

I myself gave Skynet my full support, but the above was just too much, and I switched back to EI. You do not need to be sending customers away, particularly potential frequent flyers. Just because Aeroflot pays most of the bills for the AMS-SVO operation, should not make skynet managment complacent: there is money to be made, but sometimes, you need to spend it first!!