PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Did It.... at last.. so thanks to you all
Old 20th May 2004, 17:38
spitfire747

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
I Did It.... at last.. so thanks to you all

well everyone, after a long time, many sleepness nights,months of groundschool in our country's capital, hour building and a general flight test to top all others.... the examiner said those words I will remember forever.."Looks like you will be buying beers tonight.. its a pass"

I started in 2001 with a PPL and then spent the next year working and saving money and with 90hours TT went to London and studied fr the ATPLs, after 9 months of studing like never before, 14 passes neatly in the bag i decided to work and save some more money..
62 hours later after flying around Florida, Alabama and Mississippi i started the CPL and after the minimum hours achieved what is set out to do.. CPL holder..

many people have helped and encouraged me along the way but i would like to thanks those people on Pprune who have been enthusuastic, helpful, encouraging all through the times when inspiration has been needed aswell as the answer to a met question i could not get.

also thanks has to go to my instructor Jatin who got me threw the CPL in minimum hours, hours of shouting, tutting and stupid looks helped me achieve a firts time pass, also i cannot forget to thank all those at naples air center, Richard, Niki and Bea.. without all your encouragement and professionalism I would not have achieved what I have done now.. especially when the times were bad those years ago with the collapse of SFT in Bournemouth with all my money.

what have i learnt ?
follow your dreams, there are ups and downs in life, i have lost alot and gained alot too

BUT

now i need some more advice..
i know the market is in turmoil but gradually getting better.

i have a CPL with 200+ hours and want to proceed. I have thoughts about becomig a flight instructor and going through the process to earn money as and when the weather is good, the pupils are available

or

I am thinking of finishing off with the IR an being ready to send in CVs to the many possible employers like the others for that elusive first job.

I have approx 6,000 pounds available to either pay for the FI(R) or to put towards the IR

i know the money is poor as a FI and some people have said that the experience gained is not worth it in the end.. afterall 6000 pounds could buy alot of twin engine time somewhere in the world.

ahhhhh decisions decisions.. i know this has been killed before many times and at the end of the day people have opinions, but i would appreciate the thoughts of the masses again.

Thanks
Spitty

Last edited by spitfire747; 20th May 2004 at 20:27.