PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ZIMbobWE seizes US cargo Plane and Mercenaries
Old 20th May 2004, 13:24
manamana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Blade.
The "don't fu with us statement is all to important to the nervous African leader's ego. Especially Bob with an upcoming parliamentary election next year. He knows he is unpopular, and the "dont f with me" attitude is his best tool. Fear and oppresion is rife in Zim. If they can invent charges, and convict people on them, then that will be a mighty deterent for any opposition. Mbeki is now starting to play the same fatefull game, and South Africa sadly will not be spared the fate that has befallen the rest of Africa.

I fear that the "70" are more than just a political play, but also now an election issue in Zimbabwe. We must continue to give the "alleged mercenaries" our greatest support as I know we will. Bob is rabid, and needs a conviction of treason against them to prove his strength in the eyes of the uneducated Zimbabweans (and sadly many of the educated). If he wants it, he will get it. I fear these guys have frighteningly little hope.

Our hopes and prayers are with them in their plight, and with their families too. They are not alone.

It is often said in Zim these days, "All that is required for evil to happen, is for good people to do nothing."
Where are the good people of Amnesty International, UN etc now?
The "Western" world doesn't give a rats @ss what happens in Africa, so long as they can still get their cheap imports from the "Dark" continent.