PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2004, 08:58
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair

One of my best friends works for Ryanair based at STN.
He had to pay for his own course, his uniform, and had a crap time during the training.
Now he works 6 ON 2 OFF but when he does work it's 4-5 sectors a day and doesn't know what a night stop is.

I, personally, don't care about staying the night anywhere else than at home, but when you're dead tired it's good to have 11 hours rest somewhere where you don't have to worry about making your bed, doing the washing up, etc.

He gets an average of 1600-1800£ per month, but it's bloody hard work. Overtime is not an option!!!
If you're strong enough to survive one year in that company you'll become N1 straight away.In fact there are N1's who are just over 19!!!
They keep losing people, they treat their crews in a bad way (management) and exploit them as much as possible.

They don't fly under CAA regulation but under the Irish aviation rules (worse than the already appalling CAA rules) one thing to keep in mind if you need your 6-7 hours sleep each night! And be prepared to live not further than 15mins away from the airport!

My boyfriend went to DUB for a CRM training session (he's a crm instructor) and was surprised to see that half the crews were rostered the course on their days off and the other half were on stand-by.....with their mobile on and two had to leave in the middle of the course to get on a flight!!!
APPALLING!!!

My friend can't take this anymore, the money is nice but what the hell can you do with it???

If you are strong enough to put up with these and other things then I think you should join them, get a bit of experience, and then leave them as soon as you get into another airline that cares about you a bit more. But if you don't have the strength, and the money, many airlines are recruiting, easyjet (don't know much about them though), excel, first choice airways (I can help you with them with tips for the interview etc), mytravel, air atlanta (if u fancy LH straigth away...though on a 747 classic with over 400 people on board ) Virgin atlantic and of course BA.

Just give yourself a bit of time and have a look around!!!

Let me know if I can help you in any way (PM me if you like)

All the best,

FBW