PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC separate VFR traffic!
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2004, 20:55
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jerricho, the fact that ATC instructions may be passed to VFR aircraft is actually completely irrelevant. ATC is still not rtequired to offer separation to VFR aircraft, the aircraft commander is responsible for avoiding all other traffic.

Bright-Ling's utterances suggest a few things. Firstly he is childish, petulant, nasty and self-centred, and I would certainly not wish to join a team with someone in it with that attitude to other people and their concerns concern. Secondly he doesn't bother to consider who he may be addressing, the experience of someone who posts on PPRuNe who may well know a lot more than he does about aviation issues (or who else might read here - would you be worried about ATC with that attitude if you were a passenger or a pilot? I am). Finally that he has an impetuous streak not good in a controller.

Bookworm are you sure about that? In class D separation is only provided by ATC between IFR and IFR. IFR traffic may not be sufficiently aware of the conflict to give way as the pilot has no requirement to look out of the window and may not have the time to do so, and I always was under the impression that I had to arrange separation from all IFR traffic when I was in class D.