PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tattoos and Airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2004, 19:31
cumulus

Pprune Voyeur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spaketh Milt:

"Tatts

Trouble is anyone who goes for Tatts is clearly exhibiting a low IQ and most a predisposition to criminal intent

Wouldn't get a job in my airline or enterprise

Saw one poor kid once who had a dotted line tattooed around his neck and marked Cut Here. Would YOU employ him?

One of the first questions you will be asked is

When did they let you out?

I feel sorry for you, especially if the tatt was done during a bout of inebriation."

Well, I have a red propeller on my port buttock, and a green one on the starboard cheek ( its a naval thing...), are you saying I can't have a job?
While I agree that most people would probably be uncomfortable seeing an Airline pilot with LOVE and HATE tattooed on his knuckles, and a swallow underneath his eye, I don't think discreet tattoos really have much significance these days. I knew a Lynx Pilot who had the "celtic band" tattooed around his upper arm, and he seemed pretty intelligent to me, with no noticeable predisposition to criminal activity. (of course, I could be totally wrong. Maybe every weekend he morphs into some kind of uber-chav, and spends saturday nights screaming around supermarket carparks in a souped-up Nova 1.2).

Last edited by cumulus; 19th May 2004 at 20:03.