PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services...south Africa
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2004, 17:35
Stephen Stark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cape Flying Services what??

I have been reading with much concern the posts that have been put here about Cape Flying Services. I did my CPL with them and it is not at all what has been put here. This period of my life was not only challenging, but also one of the most entertaining and pleasant that I have experienced. Sure, every organisation (especially aviation) has its issues and problems, but on the whole the operation is smooth and well run. I found in my time there that it was the students that either had not paid or that did not have the natural pilot ability that were the first to moan. From the day that I started until the day that I finished, Cape Flying Services was always prepared to help me out in any way that they could to ensure that my flying was accommodated, and that I was happy.

Furthermore, I have not seen such coagulation among a group since I left. The morale was high; the crowd good, the quality of training was excellent. My PPL and Night Rating instructor is one of the most dedicated people that I flew with, and my Twin and Instrument Rating instructor (who is the CEO) became my mentor even outside of the aviation arena. I enjoyed it so much I landed up working there and still am to this day, bringing my affiliation with the team up to 3 years. Going so well it is with them, that I am now a Grade II instructor, and have no intentions of leaving in the near future. It is quite rare to find such fraternisation in the aviation environment these days, but at this place there was plenty. People from all over the world joined Cape Flying Services to achieve the common goal of obtaining a licence or building some hours. The instilled traditions added so much character to the eminence of life in George, and I hope that it will continue to prevail as a well-established quality Flight Training Organisation.