PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info about the EMS activity in Germany
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2004, 12:49
Spunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Germany there are two big EMS-providers: the ADAC (german automobile Club) and the DRF (Deutsche Rettungsflugwacht).
In general they both pay above average and they train their pilots to meet their standards, which are pretty high by the way.
That means that for the right candidate they will pay for the type rating. Since both of them only operate BO105, BK117, EC135 or EC145 it might be a good idea to have at least one of the above type ratings.
Furthermore there are a few "smaller" companies providing some EMS services.
First of all the "HDM" mainly operating 412's are somehow operating together with the "DRF" under the name of "Team DRF".
Secondly, the "HSD Hubschrauber Sonder Dienst" operating 222, BK's and one Explorer also being part of the "Team DRF".
And finally a company called "HeliTransair" who operates one or two aircraft for the "ADAC" or maybe it's the other way round... don't nail me on that one, business relations can be so confusing...
If I forgot to mention any company, please forgive me...
As far as the flight duty times are concerned you can be sure that at least the two big ones keep a real sharp eye on it.