PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2004, 02:41
cloud nine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
External v's Internal

Im flying for Qantaslink. I was called by HR and offered ( well kinda ) a 10 month contract.

I was then called back a few hours later to be told that because I am in the QF group, I can only be offered permanent work, no contracts. So Im now back on the wait list till May 28th.

I did apply EXTERNALLY, no blue notice, no managers permission. I applied like everyone else off the street so to speak. ( no offence in my wording).

I was always lead to beleive that when I was given a start date by QF, that I then resign from Qantaslink and start a fresh with Qantas. I am sure this has been done before. I def know its been done with Shorthaul. Maybe longhaul is different. Dunno

So my choice was made for me in regards to having to take the risk of accepting the 10 month contract. However I was swaying towards not accepting it anyway.

Anyway thats my little story...just hope I am either kept on file for permy work, or offered it before May 28th.

The plot thickens.......

JONBOY80..... Just moving on is easier said than done. Even after waiting so long on the wait list, I still want to fly for Qantas as much as I did when I first went to the interviews. I just want something more stable than what they can offer us right now. Thats all. I dont think anyone that has declined the offer of a contract would be that "over it" to not accept permanent employment if it was offered.
I wouldnt say that QF have issue's, It's more like they are thinking from a buisness side of it all. Totally accept that, avaiation has changed over the past few years, and thats something that we all have to accept. The days when you were offered permanent employment right from the start are very few and far between. Its all about being cost effective from QF's side of it, but unfortunatley it doesn't always work in our favour.

Last edited by cloud nine; 19th May 2004 at 02:56.