PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC separate VFR traffic!
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2004, 00:02
Crash and Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again more interesting subject comments

After reading your opinions, I have to comment on the lack of focus on the topic. The question was do ATC separate VFR traffic from IFR?

Comments have ranged from the scenario that existed at that time to 'my' grasp of the situation. One thing I would like to point out to whoever it was who mentioned infringements of controlled airspace, if you take the time to read the C.A.A. analysis of those incidents the vast majority are due to very low, inexperienced PPLs. Therefore, since you are comparing ATC errors to PPL errors, it is also true that you are comparing your ability to that of an incompetent PPL holder.

The last submission shows a lack of understanding of the written word, for those with the hard of understanding, I was merely stating from the tone of some individuals postings ON THIS THREAD, some controllers give a strong impression of a 'them against us' attitude.

As for the scenario, although in the interests of a good working relationship between the two organisations involved paperwork will not be forthcoming. However, it was confirmed this evening that the Controller in question could not be bothered with working an item in his empty circuit pattern. There were no other items expected into or out of this aerodrome and no reason existed, which prevented circuits from being flown.

No doubt there will be much tapping of keyboards etc, but spare a thought to this pilot who only gets paid for what he flies and has patiently waited for the last three years for an airline job with nothing on the horizon yet. One child and a wife in tow with a mortgage to pay... 'I'm alight Jack the rest' comes to mind.