PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC separate VFR traffic!
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 21:17
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just stand by one Crash and Burn.

I think it is blatently obvious you haven't got a real grasp of what is being revealed here. As TC_LTN puts so well describes reference Class D, there are situations where positive control (hence the title ATC) has to be taken. And last time I checked, in the UK you require a clearance to enter this airspace. I can fully understand B-L's comments.........I'm sure your reaction would be similar if you or your colleagues were questioned as such regarding their airmanship.

Remember this?

The commander correctly pointed out that the pilot of a VFR flight is responsible for separation provided traffic information is issued in good time and refered to the Air Naviagtion Order.
And was there a subsequent discussion reference the whole situation, and why the controller did what he/she did? It may just be what was done is done on a day to day basis for very good reason.

ATC are not working from one rule book and pilots another, we're there to ensure ALL users are provided with the best possible service. Re-read you initial post. I think you'll find the "us and them" you mention starts there. It's not a case of who's right or wrong.................