PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aeromadrid
Thread: Aeromadrid
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2004, 16:40
BillieBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
eolas - No negativity, I am simply pointing out, in response to your rather one-sided comments, that the A320 sim at Cuatro Vientos is no better and no worse than any other Level D device. In fact, there is another, identical in all respects, made by the same manufacturer to the same specification and approved to the same requirements, in Crawley.

peb - You make the same mistake as Odlix. The number of FTOs that have access to a Level D simulator is irrelevant to the comments that I originally made. Whilst the operators that you mention have taken (very) small numbers of low-hour pilots, they do not routinely recruit them.
And dont tell me that it is easer to find a job without a type rating that with it.
I don't, and I didn't. This is yet another response to a comment that was never made. However, I will say that a type-rating without line experience is worth very little.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I would echo Rob's implied position that the opinions of the experienced professionals are probably worth slightly more than those of the naive wannabees. However, if you wish to cling to your opinions in the face of all evidence to the contrary then be my guest - it's your life and your money.